The Official Blog of Absopure Water Company
New Year, New You: 12 New Year’s Resoluitons for a Healthier Lifestyle
The New Year brings with it a chance for reflection, and the promise of renewal. If you’re looking for some impactful New Year’s Resolutions, look no further! From healthy eating to emotional wellness, here are 12 easy-to-implement resolutions that can have a big impact on your overall health. Try tackling one resolution each month for best results.
- Drink More Water Want to know one of the easiest ways you can improve your wellness? Drink 48 ounces of water per day. Staying hydrated has a lot of important benefits that touch on everything else we’ve covered. See what proper hydration can do for you in the coming year!
- Keep Track of Your Calories Accounting for what you put in your body is a critical component of maintaining healthy eating habits. Keeping a food journal or using fitness and calorie tracking apps will help you know and understand exactly what you’re eating and how it can affect your health.
- Eat More Fruits and Vegetables Speaking of healthy eating, most of us could all stand to add a few more fresh fruits and leafy greens into our diets. Replacing one regular meal with a salad and choosing fruit instead of a sugary snack can pay dividends in the long run. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, diets rich with fruits and vegetables can help ward off cancers and chronic illness.
- 20 Minutes of Movement per Day Staying active is just as important as eating well. If you’re struggling with the exercise part of a healthy lifestyle, don’t be distraught. All it takes is 20 minutes of activity every day to help get and stay healthy. Getting started is easy. Take a walk, ride a bike, or even tend to your garden.
- Get Your Steps In You can meet or exceed your daily movement goals by walking a little more throughout the day. Setting a steps goal and using a pedometer or movement tracker to keep track of it is a great way to motivate you into walking more.
- Stretch It Out The benefits of stretching go far beyond your pre-workout routines. A simple stretching regimen can help improve your blood flow, strengthen muscle groups and improve your overall posture. Yoga or a regular stretching routine should be a part of any weekly fitness routine.
- Sleep More Sleep doesn’t cure all of your woes. But medical research shows that people who regularly get the recommended minimum of seven hours of sleep per night have a tendency to get sick less often. There are lots of other health benefits, including improved mood, memory and clearer thinking.
- Meditate Speaking of clear thinking, you should also block out some time to relax, decompress and empty your thoughts. Regular meditation reduces stress and can help manage a variety of physical and emotional conditions like hypertension and depression.
- Laugh Out Loud Laughing not only improves your mood, but it also has a host of positive physical effects. Laughing burns calories and has been proven to assist your body’s immune response. Finally, a health reason to watch more funny movies!
- Clean and Declutter Cleaning isn’t meant just for the springtime. Regular cleaning can, in addition to killing harmful germs and bacteria, help improve your mood, focus and concentration. That clutter could be hurting you mentally as well as physically.
- Get Screened Knowing your body is crucial to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. That’s why regular check-ups with your primary care physician are so important. Medical screenings can help you stay healthy by preventing or limiting the effects of a whole host of physical conditions like heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
- Supplement Yourself Even if you’re eating healthy, you may not be getting enough of certain important vitamins and minerals. Taking a daily multivitamin is an easy way to make sure your body has everything it needs to keep running in peak form.
What other tips do you have for starting the New Year off on a healthier note?