Healthy Road Trip Snacks To Take On Your Next Vacation
Fourth of July weekend presents the perfect opportunity to plan a weekend getaway. From Ann Arbor to Zilwaukee, Michigan is filled with exciting destinations that are accessible via a short road trip.
If you plan on packing up the car and hitting the open road this holiday weekend, make sure to add these healthy, Michigan-made foods and beverages to your list of things to take along for the ride.
- Granola – Rolled oats make the perfect portable snack for any car ride. Granola is sweet, satisfying and a healthy alternative when compared to calorie-packed candy bars that contain a lot of added sugar. Be prepared to keep candy cravings under control and grab some Pure Blend Granola to take on your next trip. Made in Michigan, Pure Blend Granola has plenty of great options to choose from and is healthy for you too.
- Trail mix – Looking for something sweet and savory to satisfy your cravings? Trail mix is a great snack food to have on hand when you’re out exploring. Make your own combination of fruits, grains and nuts, or buy some pre-made trail mix from a Michigan company like B-Nuts or Kars.
- Dried fruits – For those that have a sweet tooth and like to lead a healthy lifestyle, dried fruits are a lifesaver for long distance traveling. Traverse Bay Farms offers some delicious dried cherries and blueberries that make for a delicious on-the-go snack.
- Healthier snack foods – Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is all about making smart choices. Instead of fried potato chips, baked alternatives are a better option. Popcorn and pretzels can also fill you up—without breaking the calorie bank. Check out Michigan snack food manufacturer Better Made for some great-tasting and health-conscious options.
- Stay hydrated – Don’t forget the importance of staying hydrated when you’re on the road. Dehydration can lead to headaches and the sensation that you are more hungry than you actually are. Keep a cooler full of Absopure water bottles in the trunk. Our 6.5-ounce Packables are the perfect portable option to keep the whole family feeling refreshed on the way up north.
And, if you’re looking for a healthier alternative to soda to compliment a salty snack, Cap10 Sparkling Natural Mineral Water is great-tasting, guilt-free and comes in a number of refreshing flavors.
What are some of your favorite road trip snacks? How do you stay healthy while traveling? Share your tips in the comments below!