5 Emotional Benefits of Drinking Water
It’s well known that water can benefit your overall health— from improving your digestive system to aiding in weight loss and more. Staying properly hydrated can do more than just positively impact our physical wellbeing. Check out these five emotional benefits water can have on your brain and body.
Helps Control Mood Swings
When you’re in a good mood, you can feel it. Drinking an adequate amount of water each day can leave you feeling calm and satisfied, as well as give you more control over how you feel throughout the day. Reducing your water intake can trigger different areas of the brain to make you feel anxious, nervous and heighten your emotions. These negative feelings are your body’s way of telling you—you’re dehydrated. The more water you drink, the more your body will be able to manage your emotions.
Makes You Feel Happier
Starting your morning with a bottle of Absopure All-Natural Spring Water can impact your overall happiness! Water can increase your satisfaction levels, making you feel more positive, whereas when dehydrated, you’re prone to being sluggish and less energetic. As your hydration levels rise, you may feel eager to get things done, socialize and improve your attitude. Drinking the proper amount of water can drastically impact your mood and make a big difference in your energy.
Water can help you stay focused because it can increase alertness, improve reaction times and increase your attention span. When you’re productive and alert, it’s easier to complete tasks efficiently and effectively. On the other hand, mild dehydration can result in headaches, fatigue and concentration difficulties, making it hard to accomplish your daily goals. Staying hydrated can help you eliminate distractions and stay on track with what needs to get done.
Decreases Risk of Depression and Anxiety
Drinking water can also help alleviate depression and anxiety. Dehydration saps your brain’s energy, impedes your brain’s serotonin production and increases stress in your body. These factors are more likely to lead to feelings of depression, but they can be minimized by drinking adequate amounts of water. For example, water can serve as a way to manage anxiety symptoms. One of the main anxiety symptoms people encounter is panic attacks. In fact, anxiety is known to be higher in those who do not drink enough water compared to those who do.
Reduces Panic Attacks
As we mentioned earlier, being dehydrated can result in high anxiety, which can lead to an increase in panic attacks. A panic attack can make you feel faint, fatigued, weak and increase your heart rate. Though water may not completely stop these attacks, it does help to decrease the stress you feel during an episode. Try keeping a bottle of Absopure Purified Drinking Water on hand in case you start to feel symptoms of anxiety
Now that you know the emotional benefits water can provide, here are a few tips for managing your water intake:
- Set a daily goal: Creating a goal to drink water will give you the motivation to make water a part of your daily routine and see positive results.
- Sip throughout the day: Whether it’s big gulps or small sips, this will make it easier for you to constantly drink water as the day progresses.
- Drink the right amount of water: Many studies suggest a specific measurement of daily water consumption. However, everyone’s intake amount differs based on your level of activity, location, health status and more, but it’s always best to feel hydrated and stay well-hydrated.
- Set reminders: There are several hydration apps that you can download on your phone. Some apps set alarms and give encouraging messages to help you drink water.
- Flavor your water: If you want to give your water some extra flavor, you can infuse it with fruit to your favorite Absopure product(s).