Absopure Returns as a Proud Supporter of JDRF One Walk
At Absopure, we place a high value on supporting causes in our local community. As a company that values community involvement, we are happy to have already supported so many races as the official water sponsor and proud supporter of JDRF One Walk throughout Michigan, but we’re hoping hoping to spread the word further!
JDRF is the leading organization funding research for Type 1 diabetes (T1D). T1D is an autoimmune disease in which the body produces little to no insulin. While T1D is also referred to a juvenile diabetes, both children and adults can have it. There isn’t a way to prevent or cure it currently, which can prove to be life-threatening in many cases.
JDRF aims to create a world without T1D. They heavily focus on raising funds to cultivate community support, scientific research and both industry and academic partnerships. Every dollar put towards JDRF donations is allocated towards research and advancing the community’s T1D awareness.
We have been a supporter of JDRF for several years, donating our water to many JDRF events in the southeast Michigan area.
Find and participate in a JDRF One Walk near you.
- June 4 – Swan Creek Preserve Metroparks—Toledo, OH
- June 11 – Ella Sharp Park—Jackson, MI
- July 30 – Michigan State University Auditorium Field—East Lansing, MI
- September 18 – Milliken State Park/Detroit RiverWalk—Detroit, MI
- September 24 – Grand Valley State University—Allendale, MI
- October 2 – Hudson Mills Metropark—Dexter, MI