The Official Blog of Absopure Water Company
3 Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Water Cooler
The advent of spring means it’s time for spring cleaning! With most of the focus commonly spent on household or office spaces, it’s easy for people to forget about the items in those spaces, such as your refrigerator or water cooler.
The importance of cleaning your water cooler, and performing regular water cooler maintenance, cannot be understated. But where do you start?
If you need help cleaning your water cooler this spring, here are a few tips.
1. Call an Absopure Service Specialist
With so many parts and pieces, it can be difficult to clean your water cooler without help from the professionals. Since we make it our mission to provide unmatched service, Absopure water cooler and dispenser customers receive complimentary home and office cooler cleaning and maintenance from an experienced representative, simply by calling 800-422-7678.
2. DIY Water Cooler Cleaning Tips
If you insist on self-cleaning your water cooler, here is a step-by-step guide to doing so:
- Unplug your water cooler and let it stand for several minutes to reach room temperature.
- Remove the empty water bottle and plastic guard from inside the reservoir. If applicable, clean the guard separately with soap and warm water.
- Empty the reservoir by draining the cold spigot.
- Mix one gallon of warm water with two tablespoons of baking soda or distilled vinegar. Pour directly into the reservoir.
- Thoroughly wash the reservoir with a clean cloth or sponge. Let the solution sit for five minutes before draining it from the reservoir through the cold spigot.
- Flush the reservoir with cold water several times. Continue to drain the water through the cold and hot spigots until no solution remains.
- Insert the clean plastic guard into your water cooler. Place a new bottle of Absopure water on the cooler and hold the spigots down until water begins to dispense.
- Plug the water cooler cord into the electrical outlet and use as normal.
After the initial cleaning, you’ll want to periodically remove dirt and dust from the back area of your water cooler with a small brush. This helps ensure adequate air circulation for proper operation.
3. Seriously, Call an Absopure Service Specialist
While you can certainly clean your water cooler yourself, you won’t get the same deep clean and level of service an Absopure representative can provide. This is an absolutely free for Absopure water cooler customers, so focus on bigger spring cleaning initiatives and call 800-422-7678 to schedule a cleaning today.
If you would like this elevated level of service with your home or office water cooler, visit our website now to get started with an Absopure free trial!