Absopure believes in the importance of hydration, and we've devoted almost a century providing only the finest water products to millions of our customers in America.
Here are a few facts that we believe will help you better understand the crucial role water plays in a healthier lifestyle.
Did you know that...
- The human body is about 66% water
- Our muscles are between 70% and 75% water
- Our lungs are 90% water
- Our brains are 95% water
Proper hydration does much more than simply keep you from getting thirsty, it also...
- Helps convert food to energy
- Protects and cushions vital organs
- Lubricates joints
- Moistens oxygen for breathing
- Regulates body temperature
Did you know that the body can last up to 6-weeks without food... but only one week without water?
Here are some simple tips...
- Drink at least eight 8oz. glasses of water every day.
- Don't wait until you're thirsty to drink water... by the time you feel thirsty, you have probably already lost 2 or more cups of your total body water.
- Don't substitute caffeinated coffee, teas or sodas for water.
- Start and end the day with water...your body loses water while you sleep.
|Weight (lbs)||Light Activity||Moderate Activity||Strenuous Activity|
|115 lbs||72 oz/day||76 oz/day||80 oz/day|
|125 lbs||72 oz/day||80 oz/day||88 oz/day|
|150 lbs||72 oz/day||80 oz/day||92 oz/day|
|175 lbs||76 oz/day||84 oz/day||100 oz/day|
|200 lbs||76 oz/day||88 oz/day||106 oz/day|