Healthy Appetizers to Make for Your Next Holiday Party
Believe it or not, the holiday season is quickly approaching. From cookies to eggnog and heavy dips to comforting meals, this time of year is not easy on the waistline.
This year, try incorporating these lighter recipes into your holiday party menu rotation, for a happy, healthy holiday season.
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus – This recipe is as simple as it gets: two ingredients and 10 minutes of preparation. The asparagus is packed with nutrients and pairs well with the salty, crisp prosciutto. The prosciutto is so thinly sliced that you won’t feel an ounce of guilt when you reach for the second (or third) stalk!
- Roasted Golden Beet and Carrot Dip – Want to wow your guests? This non-traditional dip will leave everyone asking for the recipe. While most holiday recipe staples contain mountains of cheese and heavy cream, this roasted golden beet and carrot dip is full of flavorful seasonal vegetables, spices and roasted garlic. Serve this dip with reduced-fat crackers or pita triangles, baby carrots, sliced cucumbers and celery stalks.
- Stuffed Mushrooms – This healthy bite-sized appetizer clocks in at only 30 calories per mushroom! The earthy mushrooms are a great vessel for the delicious goat cheese and spinach filling. Spinach is an excellent source of multiple vitamins, dietary fiber and protein, and goat cheese pairs well because a little goes a long way in the flavor department.
- Steak and Boursin Wrapped Bell Peppers – Carnivores, look no further! Steak and boursin cheese wrapped peppers are bound to be a crowd pleaser at your next holiday party. This 37 calorie-per-piece appetizer is packed with protein, vitamin C, potassium and zinc. Bonus: it’s also gluten free, low in carbohydrates and diabetes-friendly. To save time, feel free to swap out the thinly sliced steak for deli roast beef without losing the flavor.
- Grinch Punch – Don’t forget to pair a delicious, festive punch with your healthy holiday spread! Although this recipe calls for lemon-lime soda, you can ditch the sugar without compromising the flavor by swapping it with lemon-lime Cap10 All Natural Sparkling Mineral Water. Absopure’s Cap10 products contain zero calories or artificial ingredients all while boasting the hydration benefits as water.
How do you stay healthy during the holiday season? What are some of your favorite healthy holiday appetizers? Share your tips and recipes in the comments below!