The Official Blog of Absopure Water Company
10 Workouts and Fitness Ideas for While You’re at Home
During today’s climate, you may be longing for a trip to the local gym. Changing your routine can be tough, but that doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the benefits of exercising. Try creating an at-home workout plan that’s tailored to you and your schedule.
Start by setting aside about 30 minutes a day to focus on your workout routine. Move your chairs or coffee table out of the way and clear an area in your home. Spend about 5 minutes stretching and then try out these ten at-home workouts.
No Equipment Needed
You don’t need a treadmill or stationary bike to do these workouts:
- Jumping jacks – Not just for grade school kids anymore, jumping jacks are finding themselves a part of fitness routines all over. Jumping jacks provide a full-body cardio and strengthening workout.
- Burpees – It’s a silly name for a blood-pumping cardio workout that combines a squat, thrust, push-up and jump. All you need is a little bit of room, and a little practice to get an excellent all-in-one workout.
- Mountain climbers – Don’t worry, you won’t need any ropes or pitons for these mountain climbers. Think of mountain climbers as running in place while in the push-up position. It may sound odd, but it’s a great way to get a cardio workout, combined with core strengthening.
- Squats – A great way to work your legs, glutes and lower back, squats are an easy way to build lower-body strength.
- Bear crawl push-ups – This exercise does make you look like a crawling bear, but it’s harder than it seems. Build strength and endurance with this increasingly intense workout.
- Crunches – This is probably one of the most known basic exercises out there, but there is a reason people still suggest them. Never underestimate the power and simplicity of crunches.
- Lunges – Lunge around the house or in a stationary position. Either way, this at-home workout will make you feel the burn in your glutes and hamstrings.
Whether it’s a video or set of dumbbells, these equipment options may be a better fit:
- Step Curl – All you need is a chair and a couple of small dumbbells (or even one-gallon jugs of Absopure water) to get a total body workout. Step curls will make you sweat by combining aerobic steps and arm curls to help work your arms and legs at the same time.
- Peloton Streaming – With a 90-day free trial option, Peloton offers thousands of at-home workout videos. Watch them from your phone, tv or computer and pick the class that fits your lifestyle.
- P90X3 – This extreme workout program provides you with a variety of 30-minute exercise videos. Sign up now for a 12 month membership, plus a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Although these exercises are quick and straightforward, we understand children at home might want to join in on the fun. If that’s the case, try holding a family dance party! Doing simple dance moves with the family can help stimulate the brain, develop memory skills, encourage listening skills and provide a fun substitute for a regular workout regime.
As you develop an at-home exercise plan that works for you, don’t forget to stay hydrated! Studies have shown that proper hydration is the key to exercise success. Keep a bottle of Absopure water nearby and replenish your body with the fluids it needs to recover from a good workout.
Do you have a simple in-home workout routine? What exercises would you recommend for people missing the gym?